The regions affected were the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa.
- The temporary outage did not impact its services in China or its government cloud services for federal agencies.
- Azure has 15 million corporate customers and over 500 million active users, meaning an outage can cause widespread setbacks for businesses and organizations.
- The issue stemmed from a network connectivity disruption with devices across the Microsoft Wide Area Network (WAN).
- According to Microsoft’s status page, additional services hit by the outage include Microsoft Exchange Online, Share Point Online, and OneDrive for Business.
- Microsoft shared on its status page on Jan. 26 that “no Azure issues are detected at this time.”